Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tales of a Tech Woman

"Don't wait for something big to occur. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater."
-- poet Mary Mann Morrissey

Things are getting rolling at ABI now. I spent several hours there on Thursday and Friday, and I'm so thrilled to be working with this nonprofit led by the awesome CEO Telle Whitney. Telle and I talked about my goals and interests and agreed on the primary project that research director Caroline Simard had selected for me. It's a great fit based on my interests in and experience with corporate women's groups (and my own experiences as a technical woman) so I dove in and started reading up on background materials.

At home, I kept sitting down to blog and getting distracted by other cool, interesting and relevant stuff on the web. Now that I'm part of ABI I'm paying closer attention to my incoming Systers email, where there are often pointers to articles about or resources for technical women. And I've been reading a lot about social media and nonprofits. Between Systers and reading Beth's Blog (that alone seems to send me off to a dozen other useful blogs, videos, etc. every time I read it) I've been doing an awful lot of tagging on del.icio.us.

2 comments:

  1. I tend to leap off in many directions too! Thanks for the link. Enjoying your tagging. Do you know about the nptech tag? It's a community for nonprofit technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on nptech. I'm still getting the hang of this!

    ReplyDelete